1. I took two days off running this week….in a row. That hasn’t happened since the two days leading up to my half marathon in May. And today’s planned 6 mile run ended up being a very leisurely 3.25. Maybe I’m saving myself for the 5K tomorrow. Maybe I’m just tired.
2. I’m out of spinach and I really want a green monster. But that means that I would have to go to the store; which needs to happen anyway, but I just don’t have much motivation right now. I also need strawberries and bananas for the aforementioned green monster. I guess I’ll need to get my butt in gear and get to the store.
3. I hate pretty much everything that Nick Jr shows. I know that Jaden loves it and that he enjoys watching some Max and Ruby or Wow, Wow Wubbzy, but I detest those shows. Some of them are so bad (Yo Gabba Gabba) that I would rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard than sit through 22 minutes of torture.
4. I have had no desire to cook lately. Typically, I love making homemade meals; especially from the bountiful CSA harvest that we get each week. But lately, I’ve resorted to easy, pantry staples. Anything that can be heated up in a few minutes is a winner. Maybe it’s the heat, but I just don’t want to be in the kitchen. Any suggestions to get me out of my funk? (Bonus points if it includes a way to use up large quantities of kale.)
5. The Fox Cities Marathon is 65 days away. I know that I still have a couple months of prep time, but I don’t feel ready for this race. Tuesday’s 20 miler was supposed to be a good gauge of how my training has been going. I got through the run, but I feel like it took me forever. And it took so much out of me. Granted, a marathon (or 20 mile training run) isn’t supposed to be easy. I just hope that I have the strength, both physical and mental, to get though 26.2 miles.