Does anyone else feel weird writing 2011? I can’t believe that we are at the beginning of a new year again.
I’ve thought about setting some goals and resolutions for the year. I’m a big fan of resolutions…I think it is a great way to monitor your progress. If you don’t have a goal, how will you know when you’ve accomplished it?
I have several running goals for 2011:
1. I would love to hit the 1000 mile mark in 2011. This is a pretty significant goal considering I will be pregnant the first 2 months of the year and then I will have to take a while to get back into the swing of things with running. Oh, and I’ll be taking an infant with me everywhere I go!
2. I am planning to run another marathon in 2011. Either Milwaukee Lakefront or NYC. I would also like to add two more half marathons and I’m really looking to PR at the half marathon distance. I’m hoping to run at least one half marathon with Tim.
3. I am also planning to incorporate some speed training into my life. I’ve never done speed work and I am really hoping that the speed work will help me run faster with less fatigue. I’m also counting on that speed work to help me lose the baby weight.
And I have some non-running goals for this year.
1. I would like to finish all the prerequisites for the nursing program. I have three classes left and I’m scheduled to take two of them this semester. I’m hoping that the third class (Advanced Anatomy and Physiology) will be available over the summer in an accelerated format, otherwise I’ll take it in the fall.
2. This one is kinda hard to quantify, but I really want to work at being more present when I’m home with my family. I think this is really important, especially with adding a baby to the mix. I tend to be constantly thinking about a million things at once and I don’t live in the moment. I don’t know how I will know if I’ve achieved this goal, but I’m going to try my hardest.
So, those are the goals/resolutions for 2011. I’m sure that I will add to this list as the year goes on, but I’m pretty pleased with how this list looks. I hope that I can accomplish everything I set out to do….but you never really know what the future brings.