Thanks so much to MomRunningFromCancer for awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award. I never get awarded anything. First, I’d like to thank the Academy…Oh…it’s not that kind of award. Well, I’m still flattered.
Here is how the Award works:
- Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love (although I think 15 is a bit of overkill, so I’m going to follow the lead of those who have gone before me, and stick to 7 bloggers)
- Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won
So…here are seven things that you may or may not find interesting about me.
1. I love learning. If I could, I would just keep going to school for the rest of my life. That would drive my husband crazy. He thinks that I should finish with something and then just do that for the rest of my life. But, I can’t help it. School is fun. It is challenging. It gives me an opportunity to grow and learn. I love it!
2. I feel like I never really learned how to be girly. I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a tom-boy, but I’ve never been into hair or make-up. Consequently, I spend much of my life with my hair tied in a knot on the top of my head.
3. I firmly believe that all mom’s should get a mental health holiday at least once a year. Just a day or two of no kids, husbands, animals, chores, meals or anything else that needs to be taken care of. I am convinced that a two day mini-vacation would revitalize mom’s and give them more energy to do all the other things that they are called to do everyday.
4. When I was in high school and college, I was part of some pretty great choirs. I got to see some really neat places and meet a lot of awesome people who have become life-long friends. I was actually a pretty decent singer, too. I miss it a lot. I haven’t done any ‘real’ singing in a lot of years. Partly because I don’t have the time and partly because I’m afraid my talents have atrophied from disuse and I’ll never get them back.
5. We have a cat we are trying to find a new home for. She is really sweet and loveable, but she wants more attention that we can give her. I would really prefer to give her to someone who will love her, than to take her to a shelter. However, if we can’t find a new home for her soon, she will have to go to the shelter.
6. I have been craving fruit lately. This is a problem because I live in Wisconsin and it is the middle of winter. I can find some fresh fruit in the stores, but they are super-expensive. I am so jealous of my friends in Florida and Arizona who can just walk outside and pick a piece of citrus fruit off a tree. I will be spending a lot of money on produce on my shopping trip today.
7. I hate shaving my legs. And not only when I’m pregnant, although that it a challenge in and of itself. I just feel like it is such a time consuming activity and I can think of so many other things I would rather do….like sleep. I think I’ll go take a nap.
But first, I need to tag seven more bloggers.
JJ at Adventures in “StoryVeale”
Megan at Sweet Sadie Marie
Kirsten at I’ve Learned thus far…
Linz at Beyond Destination 26.2
Jane at Newbie2Running
Felice at HappyRunnerGiveaways
Darcy at The Backyard Market
Next, I need to contact everyone on my list to let them know they’ve been tagged. Then….nap time.
Have a wonderful day!!