Nap failure

Today, I tried to take a nap. 

I didn’t get to sleep until midnight last night.  Jaden had gone to a big sleepover at our church.  However, after he threw up twice, I got the call to come and pick him up.  We live 30 minutes from our church.  When I got to church, Jaden begged me to let him stay.  I wish I could have.  I could tell that he was having fun with the other kids.  I finally convinced him to come home by telling him that he and I could have a sleepover in his room.  I figured that I would let him sleep in his sleeping bag on the floor and I would sleep in his bed.  He decided that he would sleep in his sleeping bag IN his bed…and that I could sleep on the floor.  That didn’t last long.  I told him I had to go to the bathroom and I went to my bed, instead.

So, I was pretty tired today.  When Logan went down for his afternoon nap (he decided he didn’t want to nap this morning), I crawled into my bed.  I figured that I’d sleep for 45 minutes and then get up and finish the laundry and the approximately 87 other things that I needed to do.

You can probably guess what happened next.  I couldn’t fall asleep.  I laid there for 45 minutes thinking about the laundry in the dryer that needed to be folded, and the laundry in the washer that needed to go in the dryer, and the loaf of homemade bread I wanted to make, and the cleaning that needed to be done before Logan’s birthday party tomorrow.  I couldn’t sleep.  My 45 minutes was up.  Instead of getting up and doing any of those things, I gave myself another 45 minutes.  I was sure I could shut my brain off and fall asleep.  Right.  Forty-five minutes later…now I’ve been laying there for an hour and a half.  And now, I have to go to the bathroom, so I might as well get up.  Nap failure.

Now, I’m trying to make the aforementioned homemade bread.  Nervous.  I hope it works out.  I’ve only ever made bread with my bread maker, so this is uncharted territory.  I fear that it may take the dough days to rise…..considering it is about 3 degrees outside.  If I didn’t have laundry to put in the dryer, I could put the dough in there to let it rise.  Wish me luck.  I hope it turns out.

In other news…Logan turns one in three days.  I refuse to believe it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s