1. Chiropractor appointment this morning. Always feel better afterwards. Hoping I am good enough to run the 10 miles I have on the schedule tomorrow.
2. Speed work works. Seriously. I never thought I could sustain an 8:13 pace…for an entire mile. Yesterday I did. And, it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Maybe I need to reevaluate the training plan for the next couple weeks leading into the Bellin 10K.
3. I have a job interview next week. I’m going to spare you the details, but I feel like this position would be a good fit when I start nursing school in the fall. If you are of the praying type, please do. The interview is on Wednesday.
4. I am spending the day today avoiding all of the dietary pitfalls that seem to trigger my GI issues when I run. I have a long run tomorrow. Last Saturday’s long run went very well and I am hoping for the same success. But, that means: no dairy, no gluten, and very little fiber. Have a mentioned that I’m a vegetarian (just celebrated my 2 year veggie-versary)? When I try to adapt my diet to support my running, it doesn’t leave me with many options. But, running is important to me, so I am willing to sacrifice. I just hope that it works.
5. Breaking news! I also have a job interview this afternoon! Yikes. Better get off the computer and go get ready.