Last batch of bags

Have you ever tracked what you ate? 

I know that a lot of people keep track of what they eat for weight loss reasons.  The count calories or carbs or protein or any number of other things. 

I started tracking what I was eating after my visit to the GI doc last week.  Not for weight loss reasons (although it is a little humbling to see what I actually eat during the day), but to see if there are certain foods that make my symptoms worse.  I found an app on my phone that simply records what I ate.  It doesn’t ask for amounts or portion sizes.  It isn’t tracking calories or any other stuff I don’t need.  It also has a place to record any symptoms that I’m experiencing.  And…I can email it to myself (or my doc) if I want to see a spreadsheet version of it.  Pretty cool, huh?  In case you’re interested, it is called Doc’s Diet Diary and I found it on the Android marketplace.

I know you guys are all wondering how my breathing in bags is going.  Winking smile   This morning was the lactose test.  It was the longest test (4 hours) and I knew I wanted to be done by the time I had to take Jaden to school.  So, what the do?  I did what anyone would have done.  I set my alarm clock for 4:15 a.m. so that I could breathe in a bag.  What?  You say you wouldn’t have done that?  Maybe I’m a little crazy. 

Anyway, this test required me to drink this nasty white stuff.  The powder resembled powdered sugar, but once I mixed it with water, it looked like watered down glue.  And tasted just as disgusting.  Anyway, I drank it down and went back to bed.  I had an hour before I had to breathe in my next bag.  After that, it was half hour intervals, so I was done at  8:15. 

Three breath tests over the last three days.  I dropped this morning’s test off at the clinic, but I have no idea how long it will be before I get the results.  But, don’t you worry.  I’ll be sure to let you know.  I’m actually really interested to find out what they were able to gain from this type of test.  I just really want to find out what is going on with my body, so that we can fix it.

In running news, I have 5 miles on the schedule for today.  I am going to put Logan down for a nap early and try to get all those miles in before I have to pick Jaden up from summer school.  *fingers crossed*

Have a wonderful Thursday.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s